Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Monday Musings and a short blog break

I am going to take a short break from blogging during the school holidays, but before I go - my musings for this week...


I am looking forward to Autumn for a few reasons, but the main one is really frivolous. It's because I can start wearing scarves again. I have quite an impressive collection of scarves but I can't wear them in summer as it's just too hot. I have really been missing them!

This picture leads me to another favourite of mine.....


....hydrangeas - I just adore them - whether they are pink, or blue, green or white, fresh or dried -  I love them in all their different forms.













And isn't this room pretty - it really has a feeling of bringing the garden indoors. Imagine eating breakfast here - what a lovely way to start the day.



And what a lovely place to read a book or just sit and think.



I just love romantic gardens and if you like them too...


...you must visit my friend Colette's  post about this beautiful garden.  Go here  for more pictures. (La Brocanteuse)

 


And finally, I wish all my readers and blog friends a joyous Easter filled with love and laughter, friends and family!






Till next time

Sharon x


11 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon thank you for the mention! You were with me in thoughts when I visited Pauline 's garden , for I know how you love rust and stone....
    Enjoy your break and thank you for sharing al these inspiring gardens...this is what I will be doing the next week ...last bit of gardening before our winter rain start...have you noticed how our first rain for the winter here in the very south always arrive on Easter weekend...I LOVE it.....and my scarves too!
    Hugs & XX Colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand you wanting fall as I miss my cashmere sweaters during the summer. Just today the husband and I were talking about hygrandeas, ok I was, I want to put in yet another garden of hydrangeas, he thinks we have a few to many now. Anyway I hope you have a lovely holidays with your men and Happy Easter to you too!
    !
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Monday musings, Sharon! I wish the best of Easter blessings to you and your family! (Have a lovely break with the boys!)I'm off to see your friend Colette's garden!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sharon, this post is so lovely, not only because hydrangeas are one of my favourites, but that beautiful green room with the toile like paper and fabric chairs is gorgeous...I am planning to use green toile in my renovation this Spring, thank you for the affirmation!!! N.xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    You've certainly left us with the best! I loved each and every image. Have fun with your little ones and I'll look forward to seeing your next new post.
    Happy Easter to you and yours.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always Sharon!! I absolutely love that dining room with the green and white wallpaper and matching fabric! Happy Easter to you too friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon, I absolutely adore hydrangeas. I think next to roses, they are my most favourite flower. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hydrangeas are such divine flowers...
    (the first picture is giving me an idea for a drawing...)
    enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hydrangeas are one of my all time faves and will definitely planted soon in our new home! I hope you're having a nice break with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again! I just don't seem to be able to stop commenting here today. So many wonderful posts to catch up on!

    Hydrangeas - yes yes yes! I too am crazy about them. Potted, fresh cut or wild in a garden they are such beautiful flowers. They work as a single stem or in a large bunch, and I recently had a whole ocean of them in an antique silver tub on my Swedish 18c secretaire. Was beautiful!

    The image with the three large urns on the garden bench made me leap in my chair. I love oversized pots. The photo went straight to my Pinterest!

    x Charlotta
    Space for Inspiration

    ReplyDelete